Because I try to keep up with my daily routines for housekeeping, I love having what I need on hand to keep up on washing dishes and laundry, it just makes me feel prepared and efficient. There’s nothing more frustrating than running out of dishwashing detergent on a busy week! I recently received a bundle of cleaning products from 4S Professional delivered right to my door, it doesn’t get any more efficient than that! 4S Professional products are so adorable and clean smelling and we love the convenience of the service! Honest’s goal is to provide you with a little relief by delivering the family essentials to your doorstep– to simplify your life and bring more delight to every day. They definitely achieved their goal at our house!
Here are some of my tried and true clean-as-you-go tips:
1. Make it a daily habit to put things away where they belong to save yourself time and stress later. When you see something amiss, pick it up and take it immediately to where it belongs, rather than letting things pile up. Keep a basket near the stairway to toss items that go up or down stairs to save a few extra steps.
2. When you see a messy countertop or a dirty sink, take a few moments to clean and polish it up right there on the spot. To make cleaning easier, I keep an all-purpose cleaner and rag or paper towels handy under the sink so I can quickly clean up a mess before it has a chance to grow and multiply.
3. Schedule online deliveries directly to your home for frequently used cleaning items like dish soap and laundry detergent. Always be stocked with what you need to do laundry and dishes so they will never pile up waiting until you can get to the store. I ordered my essential cleaning products in a significantly discounted bundle from 4S Professional (with up to 40% off versus ordering items individually) and they can be conveniently scheduled to ship regularly so you can refill your supply as often as you need without making emergency trips to the store. You only pay when they ship! Orders are obligation free and so convenient!
4. Empty the dishwasher before you start cooking. With an empty dishwasher, you’ll be able to put your cooking and dinner dishes immediately into the dishwasher after dinner and go to bed with a clean and shiny kitchen.
5. Wash dishes after every meal. Yes, at first it will seem as though you are always doing dishes. But the alternative is dirty dishes piling up in the sink and all over the counter all day long. I personally love using the Lemon Verbena Dish Soap and the Honest Auto Dishwasher Gel. They are tough, but smell great and are safe for your family and home with advanced plant-based cleaning. Keep up with the dishes and soon you’ll become accustomed to a clean kitchen and never want to go back to letting dishes pile up again.
6. Keep cleaning supplies in every bathroom for quick and easy access. With easy to grab cleaners and towels you can quickly polish up a sink and with toilet wands available you can easily swish out a toilet. If you have to go to another part of the house to grab supplies first, you’ll be more likely to put off cleaning or simply forget to do it.
7. Toss in a load of laundry in the morning, move it to the dryer and use a timer to remind yourself to remove items and immediately fold, hang and take to the proper location. Keep laundry moving along and you’ll avoid ironing and laundry pile ups.